Joined: Jul 15, 2011
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 03:38 AM
Msg. 1 of 1
The danger of driving when the road is wet is tenfold especially when you are new to driving. An inexperienced fellow in a driver’s seat during a rainstorm can put others at risk as well himself. If you are experienced enough, there is no need to panic but not everyone comes as an expert in driving. Rain brings out the worst in most drivers and can cause dangerous driving hazards. The following tips are some of the safety measures which you can adopt to protect yourself while driving on raining days:
* Turn on the lights and wipers. Slow down instantly when the rain starts as rain water mixed with oil can make the road slippery and slick.
* Don’t follow another driver too closely and try to keep plenty of distance between the front and back vehicles.
* Pay attention to the pedestrians walking aside or trying to cross the road.
* Pull off the road if the rain is too heavy and the road is unclear.
* Drive in the lane which is closer to the center as the slow lanes may have water build ups and is not safe.
http://www.defensivedrivingclassfl.com - Florida Defensive Driving