Female drivers are still in the minority and we consider them all to be pioneers today. This award allows us to recognize a woman who is a positive example of a successful and accomplished driver and give her the recognition she deserves.” - Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO.
- The application is open to any female driver who has safely driven at least one million consecutive, accident-free miles.
- Nominations are open to owner-operators and company drivers.
- The driver must be nominated by the motor carrier by which she is currently leased or employed and must have three years of experience with that company.
- A personal statement explaining in 250 words or less why they should be selected.
- At least three letters of recommendation explaining in 250 words or less why the driver should be selected.
- Two print-quality photographs (300 dpi)
The finalists and overall winner will be recognized at the 2021 Salute to Women Behind the Wheel event at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS). The winner will be chosen based on her safety record, positive community contributions, and impact on the public image of the trucking industry. She will receive a plaque, commemorative ring and more.