What makes a company desirable for women to work? Many say it comes from such primary reasons as a corporate culture that’s supportive of gender diversity, flexibility in hours and work requirements to accommodate family and life balance, competitive compensation and benefits, training and continued professional development, and career advancement opportunities.
If your organization is one that features these benefits (or more), then it could be an ideal nominee for “Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation.” This is the fifth year this program will be featured in Redefining the Road, the official magazine of the Women In Trucking Association, with the goal to highlight companies in the industry that are friendly for women in BOTH professional driver and corporate capacities.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete the Nomination Form (there is no fee to apply or nominate - you as the nominator must be an authorized representative to nominate your organization).
- Be prepared to confirm the enterprise has a minimum of U.S. $5 million in gross annual sales, has a workforce of at least 100 employees, and is a confirmed corporate member of WIT.
- Indicate features that exist within the organization that makes it a good place for women to work (multiple pick list).
- Explain what makes this organization worthy of being recognized (maximum 75 words).
- Vote! Make sure your company communicates the importance of the voting process and share the voting link with your workforce, business partners, and other key stakeholders.
It’s highly recommended that the nominator maintain a record of the nomination, as WIT will NOT fulfill requests of providing copies of the nominations after submissions. (Suggestion: Develop the nomination in a Word document using the fields above, and then copy/paste the responses into the online form. This way you retain a complete nomination for your records).
Voting closes Sunday, July 3.