We've made significant progress in activities, programs and services that support our mission: to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments, and minimize the obstacles they face. These include:
- WIT’s Impact Statement on Gender Diversity in Transportation and its achievements and programs.
- Initiatives, programs and services accomplished last week, including activities involving the WITney® Educational Trailer, the Driver Ambassador Program, and the Image Team; the Accelerate! Conference & Expo and the Salute to Women Behind the Wheel; results of the WIT Index highlighting percentages of women in critical roles in transportation; community outreach programs such as the Girl Scout Patch Program; generating media coverage through national and trade media; participation in industry events; and much more.
- Commentary from the President & CEO as well as the Chair, and recognition of the association’s Board of Directors and Partners.
- Progress WIT has made in successfully building a supportive community for women while minimizing obstacles they face in the industry.
- Ways through which WIT recognizes accomplishment of women and their companies.