Female drivers are still in the minority and we consider them all to be pioneers today. This award allows us to recognize a woman who is a positive example of a successful and accomplished driver and give her the recognition she deserves.” - Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO.
- The application is open to any female driver who has safely driven at least one million consecutive, accident-free miles.
- Nominations are open to owner-operators and company drivers.
- The driver must be nominated by the motor carrier by which she is currently leased or employed and must have three years of experience with that company.
- A personal statement explaining in 250 words or less why they should be selected.
- At least three letters of recommendation explaining in 250 words or less why the driver should be selected.
- Two print-quality photographs (300 dpi)
The finalists and overall winner will be recognized at the 2021 Salute to Women Behind the Wheel event at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, Ky. on Friday, March 26. The winner will be chosen based on her safety record, positive community contributions, and impact on the public image of the trucking industry. She will receive a plaque, commemorative ring and more.
Nominate a Professional Female Driver by February 1, 2021!