Get your Cameras Ready! 2020 Theme: HERoes of the Highway
Not all heroes wear capes! Professional drivers have been on the front lines in the war against the COVID-19 pandemic, putting their health at risk and working long hours to deliver essential goods and supplies and keep our economy moving. We are inspired by your hero-like strength, not only during these challenging times, but always. So, for this year’s photo contest, get out your camera and give us your best superhero pose in front of a truck! THANK YOU for being HERoes of the Highway!
Dates: Submit photos August 3-14; Voting August 17-28
Requirements: Superhero/power stance pose or related to the superhero theme, and a truck
Here's how it works:
August 3-14 participants will submit their photos through the WIT website with the theme: HERoes of the Highway. From there, WIT members and the industry will vote online August 17-28 to determine the People's Choice Winner. A panel of judges also will choose their favorite to be named Judges’ Choice. The winners will be recognized at a special reception at the 2020 virtual Accelerate! Conference November 12th and 13th, featured in a press release, social media promotion, and the Women In Trucking Association’s Redefining the Road magazine.
Overall Contest Rules:
- Contestant must be employed in the trucking industry (status of winners will be verified).
- You do not have to be a WIT member to submit a photo.
- Contestant may submit only one photo for judging (high resolution/300 dpi preferred, up to 2 MB).
- Photo entries will be judged based on originality, composition, quality, and contest theme: HERoes of the Highway
- Photo entries must feature a truck and superhero/power stance pose or related to superhero theme. Be creative!
- Inappropriate photos will not be accepted; photos will be approved before appearing on the contest website.
- Photos will be accepted August 3-14, followed by online voting.
- People’s Choice determined by online voters.
- All photo submissions become the property of WIT and can be used for publicity purposes. Contestants must agree to the use of their photo submissions by WIT and its designees for marketing, advertising, and publicity purposes.
Special thanks to our sponsor
View last year's winners