Entrepreneurship is a viable means of economic self-sufficiency and many women are choosing an enterprise connected to transportation to be part of their career aspirations. WIT’s official magazine, Redefining the Road, will feature in its edition 2 of 2020, a list of “Top Woman-Owned Businesses” in transportation. Criteria used to identify qualified applicants will include status as majority ownership by a woman, financial stability and growth, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit of the woman owner.
Here's how it works:
- Complete the Nomination Form (there is no fee to apply or nominate)
- Be prepared to confirm the enterprise has majority ownership/control by a woman and that the organization generates a minimum of U.S. $5 million in gross annual sales.
- Recipients of 2020 Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation will be selected following the nomination deadline.
- Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation will be published in the Redefining the Road magazine (Edition 2) in July and will be recognized during a special program during the 2020 virtual Accelerate! Conference & Expo November 12th and 13th.
- While membership in the Women In Trucking Association isn't a requirement, nominated companies are highly encouraged to join WIT community.
Be prepared to Complete the Nomination Form with these fields:
- Submitter Contact Information (Note: You must be authorized to make the nomination on behalf of the company)
- Name of Company
- Company Website
- Brief Description of Company (no more than 50 words)
- Year Founded
- Total Number of Employees
- Percentage of Women in the Company's Workforce
- Total Annual Sales
- Percentage of Year-Over-Year Growth in Annual Sales in Last Fiscal Year
- Name of Primary Business Owner(s)
- Name of Top-Ranking Woman/Title
- Describe the Most Impressive Accomplishment of this Individual in the last 12-18 Months (no more than 75 words)
- Describe an Impressive Achievement of this Entrepreneurial Enterprise in the last 12-18 months that promotes and/or capitalizes from the competitive advantages of gender diversity (no more than 75 words)