Entrepreneurship is a viable means of economic self-sufficiency and many women are choosing an enterprise connected to transportation to be part of their career aspirations. WIT’s official magazine, Redefining the Road will feature a list of “Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation" in Edition 2, 2022. Criteria used to identify qualified applicants will include status as majority ownership by a woman, financial stability and growth, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit of the woman owner.
Here's how it works:
- Complete the Nomination Form (there is no fee to apply or nominate)
- Be prepared to confirm the enterprise has majority ownership/control by a woman and that the organization generates a minimum of U.S. $5 million in gross annual sales.
- Recipients of 2022 Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation will be selected following the nomination deadline.
- Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation will be published in the Redefining the Road magazine (Edition 2) in August and will be recognized during a special program during the 2022 Accelerate! Conference & Expo.
- Membership in the Women In Trucking Association is a requirement.
- Please submit one nomination per company.