Women In Trucking Association Names 2020 Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation
by Women In Trucking Staff, on Aug 4, 2020 10:53:04 AM
Plover, WI – August 4, 2020 – Redefining the Road magazine, the official magazine of the Women In Trucking Association (WIT), announced today the recipients of the 2020 “Top Woman-Owned Businesses in Transportation.”
The list was created to recognize women in leadership and encourage more women to become proactive leaders in their organizations – and even start their own businesses, according to WIT president and CEO Ellen Voie. The program supports WIT’s overall mission: To encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments, and minimize the obstacles they face.
Entrepreneurship is a viable means of economic self-sufficiency, and many women are choosing an enterprise connected to transportation to be part of their career aspirations, according to Brian Everett, publisher of Redefining the Road magazine.
Criteria used to identify qualified applicants include majority ownership by a woman, financial stability and growth, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Each company was nominated and chosen based upon business success and accomplishments–including those related to gender diversity.
The list is comprised of companies from a diverse range of business sectors in the commercial freight transportation marketplace, including motor carriers, third-party logistics companies, and original equipment manufacturers.
Companies named to the 2020 “Top Woman-Owned Businesses” list and the primary female business owners are:
- AGT Global Logistics (Angela Eliacostas, President and Founder)
- Aria Logistics (Arelis Gutierrez, President and CEO)
- Brenny Transportation, Inc. (Joyce Brenny, CEO and Founder)
- Kenco (Jane Kennedy Greene, Owner Chairwoman)
- Knichel Logistics (Kristy Knichel, CEO and President)
- Powersource Transportation (Barb Bakos, President and Owner)
- RFX Inc. (Kimberly Welby, President and CEO)
- Rihm Family Companies (Kari Rihm, President and CEO)
- S-2international, LLC (Jennifer Mead, CEO)
- Tru-Pak Moving Systems (Allyson Siegel, CEO and Owner)
- United Federal Logistics Inc. (Jen Behnke, President and Owner)
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. (Karen Smerchek, President)
About Women In Trucking Association, Inc.
Women In Trucking, Inc. is a nonprofit association established to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry. Membership is not limited to women, as 17 percent of its members are men who support the mission. Women In Trucking is supported by its members and the generosity of Gold Level Partners: Amazon, Arrow Truck Sales, BMO Transportation Finance, Daimler Trucks North America, Expediter Services, FedEx Freight, Great Dane, J.B. Hunt Transport, Michelin North America, PACCAR, Penske Transportation Solutions, Ryder System, Walmart, and Waste Management. Follow WIT on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. For more information, visit www.womenintrucking.org or call 888-464-9482.