"I HEART Trucking" Photo Contest
The Women In Trucking Association has launched its “I HEART Trucking" photo contest. This contest offers drivers and transportation professionals a way to share their view of trucking with others in a positive way. This year’s theme is "Trucks are for Girls!" It highlights WIT's Girl Scout Transportation Patch, so your photo must include a truck and a female (any age).
The contest voting occurred through Saturday, August 20, 2016. There will be two top winners: one chosen through online votes and the other a Judges’ Choice. The winners will be recognized at an “I HEART TRUCKING” reception at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Texas (August 25-27, 2016).
2016 People's Choice Winner - "Future Trucker in Training" by Brandy Noss
Winner - "Future Trucker in Training" by Brandy Noss
1st runner up - "Trucks are for GIRLS" by Susie De Ridder (Lyons)
2nd runner up - "Country Girls can Survive" by Shelia Shaw
2016 Judges Choice Winner - "Strong and Beautiful" by Jennifer Wozniak
Winner - "Strong and Beautiful" by Jennifer Wozniak
1st runner up - "I Love Peterbilts because Mommy makes them" by Alison Cochran
2nd runner up - "Macknificent" by Heather Jones
> 2016 Winners Announced
> View all 2016 submitted photos and the stories behind them!
> 2015 Winners
- Contestant must be employed in the trucking industry (status of winners will be verified). You do not have to be a WIT member to submit a photo.
- Contestant may submit only one photo for judging (high resolution/300 dpi preferred, up to 2 MB).
- Photo entries will be judged based on originality, composition, quality, and “I HEART Trucking” theme: "Trucks are for Girls!"
- Photo entries must feature a truck and a female.
- Inappropriate photos will not be accepted; photos will be approved before appearing on the contest website.
- Photos will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. (central) on August 13, 2016. Online voting will be August 14-20, 2016.
- Finalists will be chosen and invited to attend the “I HEART Trucking” reception at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 26 at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Texas (expenses to be assumed by contestant).
- Two winners will be announced at the Women In Trucking reception on Friday, August 26.
- People’s Choice determined by online voters; one vote per person.
- Judges’ Choice
- Winners will receive a plaque and will be featured in a press release and Women In Trucking Association’s Redefining the Road magazine.
- All photo submissions become the property of Women In Trucking Association and can be used for publicity purposes. Contestants must agree to the use of their photo submissions by Women In Trucking Association and its designees for marketing, advertising, and publicity purposes.
Gold Contest Sponsor: Ryder
Silver Contest Sponsors: Averitt Express and Republic Services
Bronze Contest Sponsors: Dart Transit Company, Trucker Sam, Werner Enterprises