Women In Trucking Association Announces 2022 Top Women to Watch in Transportation
by Women In Trucking Staff, on Mar 14, 2022 5:00:00 AM
Plover, WI – March 14, 2022 – The Women In Trucking Association (WIT) announced today its fifth annual list of Top Women to Watch in Transportation. The editorial staff of WIT’s Redefining the Road, WIT’s official magazine, selected these individuals for their significant career accomplishments in the past 12 to 18 months, as well as their efforts to promote gender diversity.
“This year, we were impressed with the number of nominations we received for highly-qualified and outstanding women who have excelled in a male-dominant industry,” said Brian Everett, group editorial director and publisher of Redefining the Road magazine. “We are pleased to have the opportunity to recognize and highlight the achievements of 84 incredibly talented and valuable women.”
“This exceptional group of women have persevered through the uncertain times brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, exhibiting the true example of a leader,” said Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO. “The resilience displayed by these women supports and furthers the mission of the Women In Trucking Association to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the industry.”
Those recognized on the 2022 Top Women to Watch in Transportation list work for a broad range of company types, including motor carriers, third-party logistics companies, equipment manufacturers, retailer truck dealers, professional services companies, technology innovators and private fleets. Their job functions include corporate management (32 percent), operations/safety (27 percent), human resources/talent management (19 percent), sales/marketing (11 percent) and engineering/product development (6 percent). Another 5 percent are professional drivers.
Individuals recognized as 2022 “Top Women to Watch in Transportation” are:
- Jennifer Albers, Engineering Manager, Yellow
- Peggy Arnold, Road Driver, Yellow
- Georgy Barlow, Director Business Development Strategic Accounts, Yellow
- Sanya Beard, Owner/Principal, Melrose Trucking and Transportation
- Jill Bezner-Ray, Program Manager, Peterbilt Motors
- Lisa Black, Operations Compliance Manager, Aurora
- Elaine Bodnar, Professional Driver, CFI
- Kasey Brough, Safety Advisor, NAPA Transportation, Inc.
- Ingrid Brown, CEO/Independent Owner/Operator/FreightWaves HOST/FMCSA Voice of Safety, Rollin’ B LLC
- Naomi Brutscher, CDL Examiner, Prime, Inc.
- Navolia Bryant, Chief People Officer, Premier Trailer Leasing
- Susan Cagley, Transportation Manager, Toyota Operations, Carter Logistics, Inc.
- Cynthia Chiari, Operating Center Manager, May Trucking Company
- Sadie Church, Director of Recruiting & Marketing, Artur Express, Inc.
- Maria Coley, HR Director, CFI
- Traci Crane, Sr Manager Fleet Maintenance, CFI
- Paige Creo, Director of Marketing, Maven Machines
- Bronagh Curley, Corporate Services Manager, New West Truck Centres (Freightliner, Inc.)
- Melissa Davis, Regional Director of Sales, Old Dominion Freight Line
- Lina DeJongh, Terminal Manager, Trimac Transportation
- Hayley Dobson, Group Vice President, Trinity Logistics
- Alexa Ekberg, Product Manager, Maven Machines
- Betty Elrod, Chief Marketing Officer, Inflection Poynt
- Julia Epperly, Account Staff Manager, Venture Connect
- Sondra Freeman, North America Credit and Collections Manager, Trimac Transportation
- Molly Gibson, Senior Digital Media Strategist, CDLLife
- Nicole Glenn, Founder and CEO, Candor Expedite
- Lindsay Goodman, Vice President of National Accounts, J.B. Hunt
- Kami Green, Manager Payroll/Accounts Payable, John Christner Trucking
- Elizabeth Halko, Executive Vice President Operations, Proficient Auto Transport, Inc.
- Angela Hargesheimer, Group Director, National Accounts Maintenance Operations, Ryder System, Inc.
- Amber Henson, Account Manager – Operations, CFI
- Jackie Jacobs, Sr. Fleet Transaction Analyst & Project Manager, Fleet Advantage
- Joëlle Jantzen, Manager HR Compliance, Yellow
- Tamar Jimenez, Service Center Manager, XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Katerina Jones, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Fleet Advantage
- Foster Kaman, Manager Sales Planning & Support, Yellow
- Jennifer Karpus-Romain, Executive Director, Transportation Marketing & Sales Association
- Samka Keranovic, Vice President & COO, US Truck Driver Training School
- Frederique Klein, Director of Finance, Navistar
- Alyssa Lamport, Operations Manager, Yellow
- Nona Larson, Director of Customer Service, PACCAR Parts
- Rachel Lovell, VP of People Operations, Ascend
- Caroline Lyle, President, Driven-Brands
- Kelsey Mahay, Dealer Communications Manager, Navistar
- Michelle Mahoney, Assistant Director of Operations, Carter Express, Inc.
- Ann Marie Manos, Associate Director, Service Engineering & Serviceability, Navistar
- Yvonne Mauriello, Senior Director of Rental, Ryder System, Inc.
- Ashley McClain, Autonomous Truck Operations Specialist, Aurora
- Jennifer Meyer, Group Logistics Manager, Ryder System, Inc.
- Britta Miano, Director, Customer Excellence, Red Classic
- Veronica Millares, Group Director – Sales Strategy & Operations, Ryder System, Inc.
- Beth Paholke, Fleet Leader, Veriha Trucking, Inc.
- Emily Phillips, Vice President, Advanced Solutions, XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Jennifer Piatt, Elite Support and Diversity Manager, Stoops Freightliner
- Ginny Polach, Director, Human Resources, Sunset Transportation
- Kristi Randall, Vice President, Artur Express
- Melissia Reeves, Managing Director – Field Operations, FedEx Freight
- Lorraine Reynoso, Customer Care & Servicing Manager, Crossroads Equipment Lease & Finance
- Becca Ridge, VP of Client Services, CDLLife
- Su Schmerheim, Independent Owner/Operator, Class Act Horse Transport, LLC
- Michelle Siebert, Director of Finance, Artur Express, Inc.
- Heather Smith, Head of Operations Management, Aurora
- Robyn Smith, Operating Center Manager, May Trucking Company
- Carrie Snider, Controller, Certified Express
- Jennifer Snyder, Co-Found and General Counsel, Fluid Truck
- Jin Stedge, Co-Founder & CEO, TrueNorth Transportation
- Susan Stencel, Director, Customer Logistics, Ryder System, Inc.
- Kim Stewart, Regional Vice President, Hogan Transports
- Lisa Strader, Vice President Expedited Operations, Covenant
- Roberta Tamburrino, President, Freight Audit and Payment, AFS Logistics
- Angela Tracy, Director of Enterprise Sales, Penske Truck Leasing
- Kendra Tucker, Chief Operating Officer, Truckstop.com
- Amisha Vadalia, Senior Director of Operations, Plus
- Raquel Valle, Vice President of People and Culture, Venture Logistics
- Ginnapher Velez, SVP of Asset Management, Clean Harbors
- Kathryn Venis, Group Director of Customer Logistics, Ryder System, Inc.
- LouAnn Wagner, CEO, Texas Auto Carriers, Inc.
- Tracy Walker, Director Safety, Yellow
- Amy Wettstein, Regional Vice President of Van Truckload, Schneider
- Michelle Wiggins, Director of Sales, ReedTMS Logistics
- Pamela Wilday, Independent Contractor (Driver), Prime, Inc.
- Shelly Willingham, Manager Engineering, Yellow
- Stacey Woods, Senior Vice President, Human Resources Operations, XPO Logistics, Inc.
This year’s recognition program is sponsored by PACCAR. The women will be featured in the upcoming edition of WIT’s Redefining the Road magazine and online at womenintrucking.org/top-women-to-watch.
About Women In Trucking Association, Inc.
Women In Trucking Association, Inc. is a nonprofit association established to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry. Membership is not limited to women, as 17 percent of its members are men who support the mission. Women In Trucking is supported by its members and the generosity of Gold Level Partners: Amazon, Arrow Truck Sales, Daimler Trucks North America, Expediter Services, FedEx Freight, Great Dane, J.B. Hunt Transport, Michelin North America, PACCAR, Penske Transportation Solutions, Ryder System, Walmart, and Waste Management. Follow WIT on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. For more information, visit www.womenintrucking.org or call 888-464-9482.