Meet the Influential Woman in Trucking Finalists: Michal Yariv
by Women In Trucking Staff, on Oct 27, 2020 4:39:35 PM
The Women In Trucking Association and Freightliner Trucks have announced the six finalists for the 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award, a program that highlights the achievements of female role models and trailblazers in the trucking industry.
All six finalists will participate on a panel discussion, “Becoming a Woman of Influence” at the WIT Accelerate! Conference & Expo held virtually, Nov. 12 – 13, 2020. The winner will be announced Friday, Nov. 13 at 10:15am CST following the session.
Leading up to the announcement, we will be individually featuring all six finalists on the WIT blog.
Meet Michal Yariv, vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives, Omnitracs, LLC
Michal Yariv serves as vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives for Omnitracs. In this role, Yariv focuses on the development and implementation of value-added services and applications that can be deployed on top of the core Omnitracs products. Her teams utilize Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and data capabilities to explore new avenues that continue to drive efficiency for Omnitracs customers in addition to top-line revenue growth.
Yariv brings a wealth of market knowledge, product strategy, and leadership to the team. Yariv has over 20 years of experience in transportation and technology. Prior to joining Omnitracs, she held leadership roles at Coyote Logistics (acquired by UPS) and Expedia. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Master of Science in IT, both from Northwestern University.
The 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award finalists are:
- Crystal Anderson, owner, Donald D. Anderson Jr. Trucking
- Kristy Knichel, CEO, Knichel Logistics
- Katrina Liddell, president of global forwarding and expedite operations in North America, XPO Logistics
- Vana Matte, senior vice president of engineering & technology, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Jodie Teuton, vice president, Kenworth of Louisiana/ Hino of Baton Rouge and Monroe
- Michal Yariv, vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives, Omnitracs, LLC