Meet the Influential Woman in Trucking Finalists: Crystal Anderson
by Women In Trucking Staff, on Sep 23, 2020 9:09:13 AM
The Women In Trucking Association and Freightliner Trucks have announced the six finalists for the 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award, a program that highlights the achievements of female role models and trailblazers in the trucking industry.
All six finalists will participate on a panel discussion, “Becoming a Woman of Influence” at the WIT Accelerate! Conference & Expo held virtually, Nov. 12 – 13, 2020. The winner will be announced Friday, Nov. 13 at 10:15am CST following the session.
Leading up to the announcement, we will be individually featuring all six finalists on the WIT blog.
Meet Crystal Anderson, Owner, Donald D. Anderson Jr. Trucking
Crystal Anderson is the co-owner/partner of Donald D. Anderson Jr. Trucking. She continues to actively work the many roles within her trucking company alongside her husband who also drives for the company. Anderson has over 40 years of experience in the transportation industry. She is the daughter of a truck driver, the wife of a truck driver, the mother of a truck driver, and a driver herself.
Anderson attended Buena Visa College where she obtained her B.A. degree in Business and Finance. She also holds an Associates degree in Risk Management and Certified Director of Safety and still maintains her commercial driver’s license.
As an active member of the Nebraska Trucking Association, Anderson currently serves as the Executive Chairman. She is also a member of the Nebraska Trucking Association’s Logistic Council and Nebraska Trucking Association’s newly formed Women’s Council where she actively participates in mentoring youth.
The 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award finalists are:
- Crystal Anderson, owner, Donald D. Anderson Jr. Trucking
- Kristy Knichel, CEO, Knichel Logistics
- Katrina Liddell, president of global forwarding and expedite operations in North America, XPO Logistics
- Vana Matte, senior vice president of engineering & technology, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Jodie Teuton, vice president, Kenworth of Louisiana/ Hino of Baton Rouge and Monroe
- Michal Yariv, vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives, Omnitracs, LLC