Meet the Influential Woman in Trucking Finalists: Jodie Teuton
by Women In Trucking Staff, on Oct 20, 2020 8:19:54 PM
The Women In Trucking Association and Freightliner Trucks have announced the six finalists for the 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award, a program that highlights the achievements of female role models and trailblazers in the trucking industry.
All six finalists will participate on a panel discussion, “Becoming a Woman of Influence” at the WIT Accelerate! Conference & Expo held virtually, Nov. 12 – 13, 2020. The winner will be announced Friday, Nov. 13 at 10:15am CST following the session.
Leading up to the announcement, we will be individually featuring all six finalists on the WIT blog.
Meet Jodie Teuton, Vice President, Kenworth of Louisiana/ Hino of Baton Rouge and Monroe
Jodie Teuton is the co-founder of Kenworth of Louisiana, a heavy-duty truck dealership group representing both Kenworth and Hino truck brands with seven Louisiana locations. Before devoting her professional career to the retail auto and truck business in 1997, she practiced law locally in South Louisiana. Teuton is a native of Terrebonne Parish where she currently lives with her husband and business partner, Scott Oliphant. She is also “Wonder Woman” to their daughter, Victoria, a Junior at Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi.
Teuton received her B.S. in Business from Nicholls State University in 1987 and her J.D. from Loyola University in 1990. She is passionate about business and proud to carry on her family’s legacy. She is a past President of American Truck Dealers – ATD (a division of the National Auto Dealers Association) and currently represents Kenworth Dealers on the Board of Directors at ATD.
The 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award finalists are:
- Crystal Anderson, owner, Donald D. Anderson Jr. Trucking
- Kristy Knichel, CEO, Knichel Logistics
- Katrina Liddell, president of global forwarding and expedite operations in North America, XPO Logistics
- Vana Matte, senior vice president of engineering & technology, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Jodie Teuton, vice president, Kenworth of Louisiana/ Hino of Baton Rouge and Monroe
- Michal Yariv, vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives, Omnitracs, LLC