Meet the Influential Woman in Trucking Finalists: Vana Matte
by Women In Trucking Staff, on Oct 14, 2020 10:26:47 AM
The Women In Trucking Association and Freightliner Trucks have announced the six finalists for the 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award, a program that highlights the achievements of female role models and trailblazers in the trucking industry.
All six finalists will participate on a panel discussion, “Becoming a Woman of Influence” at the WIT Accelerate! Conference & Expo held virtually, Nov. 12 – 13, 2020. The winner will be announced Friday, Nov. 13 at 10:15am CST following the session.
Leading up to the announcement, we will be individually featuring all six finalists on the WIT blog.
Meet Vana Matte, Senior VP of Engineering & Technology, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Vana Matte, senior vice president of engineering & technology at J.B. Hunt, is a global technology and digital transformation executive who leverages business-centric technology leadership to scale growth while safeguarding the business through cybersecurity expertise. Vana is a strategic, innovative leader with over 20 years of experience delivering competitive edge solutions on a global scale.
Vana leads the J.B. Hunt 360 digital freight matching platform infrastructure and operations, cyber security, cloud, network, business continuity, databases, unified communications engineering, digital workplace solutions, enterprise information management, software development and IT operations (DevOps) continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), quality assurance, and performance and tuning. Vana ensures J.B. Hunt driver technologies and shipper integration technologies are running effectively. Vana was instrumental in enabling J.B. Hunt employees to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020 Influential Woman in Trucking award finalists are:
- Crystal Anderson, owner, Donald D. Anderson Jr. Trucking
- Kristy Knichel, CEO, Knichel Logistics
- Katrina Liddell, president of global forwarding and expedite operations in North America, XPO Logistics
- Vana Matte, senior vice president of engineering & technology, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Jodie Teuton, vice president, Kenworth of Louisiana/ Hino of Baton Rouge and Monroe
- Michal Yariv, vice president and general manager of strategic initiatives, Omnitracs, LLC